My latest, arguably Bionicle-themed creation is Lorne, my first ever "self-MOC." For this creation I had minimal inspiration. I only knew for certain that I wanted it to be tall and not too thick & bulky. Oh, and I wanted to use some sort of translucent color. Since I had already made good use of orange in my Shadowed Vengeance MOC, I went ahead with the opposite side of the color wheel.
Lorne is an intergalactic law enforcement agent. Imagine the most elite member of Interpol, in a universe of which Bionicle is only a small part. He travels, a lot! He may have only one hand, but who needs two when you're equipped with a MARC-12? That's a Macro-Atomic Re-Configurator device, 12th production series. It briefly suspends ionic & covalent bonds in its target and changes the arrangement of all atoms in any object to create something new. The device is always used in a non-lethal way per agency policy, usually to disable key components of criminals' weapons or getaway vehicles.
This MOC was built over the course of about 4 weeks with a lot of gaps between building sessions. For around two weeks of that time it was standing on the coffee table all complete except for the feet. I had some temporary duds on it but wanted to make something custom. I attempted to start several designs but kept hitting a brick wall. Late one recent evening, I sat down with a good mood and some good music blaring out of the computer, and it suddenly all went together! Here's his little unveiling video:
- Video: Bionicle Self-Moc Lorne



Awesome! I like how you used skrall armor pieces as a sort of.....helmet!
ReplyDeletehow right u r dude this thing is so freaking awesome and so flippin huge. one bloody good job dude, one bloody good job.
Deleteso awesome dude and so flippin huge. one bloody good job dude, one bloody good job
DeleteRather than a helmet, to me it looks more like a crown
DeleteAwesome moc dude!Is Zeyek your secondary self moc?
ReplyDeleteJust wondering.
nice. I like the idea of that communication device. I couldnt figure out how you did that until I saw Lorne. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteDude I went on your hero factory blog and saw your new Lorne 2.0! It's awesome. Keep up the good work. ;D
ReplyDeleteCan i buy this moc?
ReplyDeleteCan you put out instructions for this its awesome!
ReplyDelete